recyclebank.com

ken215's picture

http://www.philadelphiasustainabilityawards.org/nominees/recycle_bank

http://www.recyclebank.com/

Has anyone heard of this? I have a coworker who told me about this; he lives in Wilmington, De. Wilmington uses this for thier recycle program.

simmer's picture

My neighbor is the one who

My neighbor is the one who runs this.

Nunzio's picture

Is it available in 19125?

Is it available in 19125?

AJThomson's picture

Of course it's not available

Of course it's not available here, just like single stream and other plastic recycling aren't available here. Don't get me started.

neilpuck's picture

I would guess that the more

I would guess that the more of us who express interest and register, the more likely they are to include our hood in the program. So everyone sign up, and spread the word. Is there a downside? People stealing others' recycling in order to boost their own stats.

Nunzio's picture

Simmer, you're our inside

Simmer, you're our inside man. Get to steppin'.

ken215's picture

http://philly.metro.us/metro/

http://philly.metro.us/metro/local/article/Can_Nutter_fix_citys_slim_recycling_rates/11530.html

Today's metro has this article. I am wondering if anyone know of a way to email the new the mayor? We could start our own blitz.

rtsaidred's picture

Nunzio wrote:Simmer, you're

Nunzio wrote:

Simmer, you're our inside man. Get to steppin'.

We could be the first pilot neighoborhood in the city! Come on Simmer!

ken215's picture

Not really. It is already

Not really.

It is already in place on West Oak Lane and CHestnut Hill. We could however, be the first "center city" neighborhood!

rtsaidred wrote:
Nunzio wrote:

Simmer, you're our inside man. Get to steppin'.

We could be the first pilot neighoborhood in the city! Come on Simmer!

Ken

Swally in '08

simmer's picture

Ill talk to her tonight.

Ill talk to her tonight. See what I can do.

rtsaidred's picture

ken215 wrote:Not really. It

ken215 wrote:

Not really.

It is already in place on West Oak Lane and CHestnut Hill. We could however, be the first "center city" neighborhood!

rtsaidred wrote:
Nunzio wrote:

Simmer, you're our inside man. Get to steppin'.

We could be the first pilot neighoborhood in the city! Come on Simmer!

Ken

Swally in '08

D'oh! Oh well, for once I wouldn't mind coming in third!

ken215's picture

Well, let's not give up the

Well, let's not give up the ship...

rtsaidred wrote:
ken215 wrote:

Not really.

It is already in place on West Oak Lane and CHestnut Hill. We could however, be the first "center city" neighborhood!

rtsaidred wrote:
Nunzio wrote:

Simmer, you're our inside man. Get to steppin'.

We could be the first pilot neighoborhood in the city! Come on Simmer!

Ken

Swally in '08

D'oh! Oh well, for once I wouldn't mind coming in third!

Ken

Swally in '08

rtsaidred's picture

ken215 wrote:Well, let's not

ken215 wrote:

Well, let's not give up the ship...

rtsaidred wrote:
ken215 wrote:

Not really.

It is already in place on West Oak Lane and CHestnut Hill. We could however, be the first "center city" neighborhood!

rtsaidred wrote:
Nunzio wrote:

Simmer, you're our inside man. Get to steppin'.

We could be the first pilot neighoborhood in the city! Come on Simmer!

Ken

Swally in '08

D'oh! Oh well, for once I wouldn't mind coming in third!

Ken

Swally in '08

Give up the ship? I'd be happy to be third on board.

ken215's picture

I just signed up to request

I just signed up to request service. Anyone else?

neilpuck wrote:

I would guess that the more of us who express interest and register, the more likely they are to include our hood in the program. So everyone sign up, and spread the word. Is there a downside? People stealing others' recycling in order to boost their own stats.

Ken

Swally in '08

rtsaidred's picture

ken215 wrote:I just signed

ken215 wrote:

I just signed up to request service. Anyone else?

neilpuck wrote:

I would guess that the more of us who express interest and register, the more likely they are to include our hood in the program. So everyone sign up, and spread the word. Is there a downside? People stealing others' recycling in order to boost their own stats.

Ken

Swally in '08

I signed up for me, then also for my mother and sister who are in the neighborhood as well.

neilpuck's picture

I signed up yesterday.

I signed up yesterday.

nhb's picture

I signed up yesterday too. I

I signed up yesterday too. I faithfully recycle every 2 weeks.

neilpuck's picture

nhb wrote:I signed up

nhb wrote:

I signed up yesterday too. I faithfully recycle every 2 weeks.

But if we begin recycling with someone other than the city, would we then be unfaithful to the city?

My Air Conditioning Duct is more metal than your Air Conditioning Duct!

ken215's picture

NP, Not sure if I understand

NP,
Not sure if I understand your question, but I think this is the cities recycle program, for Oak Lane and Chestnut Hill anyway, so I do not know if unfaithfulness has anything to do with it.

neilpuck wrote:
nhb wrote:

I signed up yesterday too. I faithfully recycle every 2 weeks.

But if we begin recycling with someone other than the city, would we then be unfaithful to the city?

My Air Conditioning Duct is more metal than your Air Conditioning Duct!

Ken

Swally in '08

neilpuck's picture

It was a joke son....

It was a joke son....

nhb's picture

I am not sure where? but a

I am not sure where? but a former co worker participated in that program and they chose for the deductions to come off there property tax.

snailgem's picture

i registered yesterday. has

i registered yesterday.
has anyone heard back?

ken215's picture

oh. Thank goodness you

oh.

Thank goodness you found a job...

neilpuck wrote:

It was a joke son....

Ken

Swally in '08

neilpuck's picture

ken215 wrote:oh. Thank

ken215 wrote:

oh.

Thank goodness you found a job...

Dude..

mneube's picture

would anyone be willing to

would anyone be willing to share their account log in with me for research purposes. should have points and active account. willing to pay up to $25.