Fun Song Game

Tom Hillman's picture

So I am totally stealing this idea from another message board I frequent and I thought the good people of fishtown.us would enjoy it . It is a game where the post has a line or two from a song . The next poster identifies that song and artist and quotes a new one and so on and so on . I will start . hopefully it is not too hard or too easy .
no hints no cheating !

If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine and my tunes were played on the harp unstrung ...

netable's picture

THIS SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!

THIS SOUNDS AWESOME!!!! However' I have no Flippin Clue on What this Lyric is from, Sorry =)

Hurry up People, answer this, I wanna PLAY

PattiMey's picture

Having a brother that was a

Having a brother that was a Deadhead I know the song.I can't remeber all the lyrics but I can hum the melody :(

Kat's picture

PattiMey wrote:Having a

PattiMey wrote:

Having a brother that was a Deadhead I know the song.I can't remeber all the lyrics but I can hum the melody :(

Ripple. I'm a Deadhead - wore black for a week when Jerry Garcia died. Didn't follow them around though....

Here's One:

Got my best suit and my tie
Shiny silver dollar on either eye
I hear the chauffeur comin' to my door
Says there's room for maybe just one more…

nick-bug's picture

Kat wrote: Got my best suit

Kat wrote:

Got my best suit and my tie
Shiny silver dollar on either eye
I hear the chauffeur comin' to my door
Says there's room for maybe just one more…

"Dead Man's Party" by Oingo Boingo -- which I only know because I saw "Back to School" with Rodney Dangerfield about 1,000 times on summer.

Here's one that might be a little easier...
==
Hey, where did we go

Days when the rains came ?

Down in the hollow

Playing a new game,

Laughing and a-running, hey, hey,

Skipping and a-jumping

In the misty morning fog with

Our, our hearts a-thumping

And you...

neilpuck's picture

nick-bug wrote:Kat

nick-bug wrote:
Kat wrote:

Got my best suit and my tie
Shiny silver dollar on either eye
I hear the chauffeur comin' to my door
Says there's room for maybe just one more…

"Dead Man's Party" by Oingo Boingo -- which I only know because I saw "Back to School" with Rodney Dangerfield about 1,000 times on summer.

Here's one that might be a little easier...
==
Hey, where did we go

Days when the rains came ?

Down in the hollow

Playing a new game,

Laughing and a-running, hey, hey,

Skipping and a-jumping

In the misty morning fog with

Our, our hearts a-thumping

And you...

Brown-eyed Girl
Van The Man Morrison

Tough one here:

Hold your glass up, hold it in
Never betray the way you've always known it is.
One day i'll be wondering how
I got so old just wondering how
I never got cold wearing nothing in the snow.
http://neilpuck.smugmug.com

Gilligan's picture

Neilpuck: "Hold your glass

Neilpuck:
"Hold your glass up, hold it in
Never betray the way you've always known it is.
One day i'll be wondering how
I got so old just wondering how
I never got cold wearing nothing in the snow."

Shins, Caring is Creepy

How about:

What a beautiful face
I have found in this place
That is circling all round the sun
What a beautiful dream
That could flash on the screen
In a blink of an eye and be gone from me
Soft and sweet
Let me hold it close and keep it here with me, me

netable's picture

neilpuck wrote:nick-bug

neilpuck wrote:
nick-bug wrote:
Kat wrote:

Got my best suit and my tie
Shiny silver dollar on either eye
I hear the chauffeur comin' to my door
Says there's room for maybe just one more…

"Dead Man's Party" by Oingo Boingo -- which I only know because I saw "Back to School" with Rodney Dangerfield about 1,000 times on summer.

Here's one that might be a little easier...
==
Hey, where did we go

Days when the rains came ?

Down in the hollow

Playing a new game,

Laughing and a-running, hey, hey,

Skipping and a-jumping

In the misty morning fog with

Our, our hearts a-thumping

And you...

Brown-eyed Girl
Van The Man Morrison

Tough one here:

Hold your glass up, hold it in
Never betray the way you've always known it is.
One day i'll be wondering how
I got so old just wondering how
I never got cold wearing nothing in the snow.
http://neilpuck.smugmug.com

tHE "sHINS" cARING IS cREEPY, Ya I googled it' but thats the only way Id be able to post

OK here Goes

Hide every lovely flower from my sight,
Don't let that dreamy moon come out, oh, tonight.
And please don't let me see two lovers kiss,
Don't let me be reminded what I miss.

Kat's picture

Gilligan

Gilligan wrote:

Neilpuck:
"Hold your glass up, hold it in
Never betray the way you've always known it is.
One day i'll be wondering how
I got so old just wondering how
I never got cold wearing nothing in the snow."

Shins, Caring is Creepy

How about:

What a beautiful face
I have found in this place
That is circling all round the sun
What a beautiful dream
That could flash on the screen
In a blink of an eye and be gone from me
Soft and sweet
Let me hold it close and keep it here with me, me

Neutral Milk Hotel - Aeroplane Over the Sea

Here's another - this one is easy

We sat around the pile.
We sat and laughed.
We sat and laughed and
Waved it into the air!
And we did it just like that.
When we want something,
We don't want to pay for it.

Kat's picture

Kat wrote:Gilligan

Kat wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

Neilpuck:
"Hold your glass up, hold it in
Never betray the way you've always known it is.
One day i'll be wondering how
I got so old just wondering how
I never got cold wearing nothing in the snow."

Shins, Caring is Creepy

How about:

What a beautiful face
I have found in this place
That is circling all round the sun
What a beautiful dream
That could flash on the screen
In a blink of an eye and be gone from me
Soft and sweet
Let me hold it close and keep it here with me, me

Neutral Milk Hotel - Aeroplane Over the Sea

Here's another - this one is easy

We sat around the pile.
We sat and laughed.
We sat and laughed and
Waved it into the air!
And we did it just like that.
When we want something,
We don't want to pay for it.

Augh you guys are lame! "Been Caught Stealin'" by Janes Addiction

Ok, how's this:

The Wheels on the Bus Go ROund and Round..

jmminarik's picture

Kat wrote:Augh you guys are

Kat wrote:

Augh you guys are lame!

We're not all ex-professional rockers.

codergrrl's picture

What happened to the song

What happened to the song game?

"And so the story goes, they wore the clothes,
they said the things to make it seem improbable...
The whale of a lie like the hope it was."

Kat's picture

David Bowie, right? But I

David Bowie, right? But I can't remember the name!!!!

codergrrl's picture

"The Bewlay Brothers"... was

"The Bewlay Brothers"...
was gonna use the "Wild eyed Boy from Freecloud", but thought it might be too obscure.

PattiMey's picture

We passed upon the stair, we

We passed upon the stair, we spoke of was and when
Although I wasn't there, he said I was his friend
Which came as some surprise I spoke into his eyes
I thought you died alone, a long long time ago

codergrrl's picture

My god, how old are

My god, how old are you?
(Just kidding)

Nunzio's picture

This game is too hard. I'll

This game is too hard. I'll check back later to see if it gets easier.

Tom Hillman's picture

We passed upon the stair, we

We passed upon the stair, we spoke of was and when
Although I wasn't there, he said I was his friend
Which came as some surprise I spoke into his eyes
I thought you died alone, a long long time ago

David Bowie - Man who sold the world (I like the Nirvana version best)

Here is one probably not too tough ...

Asked you a question
I didn't need you to reply
Is it gettin' heavy?
But they'll realize
Is it gettin' heavy?
Well I thought it was already as heavy
As can be

jmminarik's picture

Nunzio wrote:This game is

Nunzio wrote:

This game is too hard. I'll check back later to see if it gets easier.

I was wondering how much people's general difficulty with this is a reflection of our ages and fishtown.us's non-homogeny.

rtsaidred's picture

Nunzio wrote:This game is

Nunzio wrote:

This game is too hard. I'll check back later to see if it gets easier.

I'm with you. I'm musically challenged or not hip enough.

codergrrl's picture

C'mon, I'm probably older

C'mon, I'm probably older than both of you.
(Do you get AARP mail? I do!)

Tom Hillman's picture

No Flaming Lips fans huh??

No Flaming Lips fans huh?? guess they are pretty obscure ? who knew .
how about this one :

You are just a dreamer,and I am just a dream.
You could have been anyone to me.
Before that moment you touched my lips
That perfect feeling when time just slips
Away between us on our foggy trip.

Lisa33's picture

Aw man! I just got to this

Aw man! I just got to this thread and would have been able to answer Superman, the Flaming Lips. (I haven't been able to get into their past two albums but forever will love the earlier stuff.)

Sadly I don't know your new reference.

Kat's picture

Tom Hillman wrote:No Flaming

Tom Hillman wrote:

No Flaming Lips fans huh?? guess they are pretty obscure ? who knew .
how about this one :

You are just a dreamer,and I am just a dream.
You could have been anyone to me.
Before that moment you touched my lips
That perfect feeling when time just slips
Away between us on our foggy trip.

Neil Young, Hurricane

Here's a great one...

Well the music plays and you display your heart for me to see,
I had a beer and now I hear you calling out for me
And I hope that I don't fall in love with you.
Well the room is crowded, there's people everywhere
And I wonder, should I offer you a chair?
Well if you sit down with this old clown, take that frown and break it,
Before the evening's gone away, I think that we could make it...

Lisa33's picture

That sounds familiar Kat...

That sounds familiar Kat...

rtsaidred's picture

Kat wrote:Tom Hillman

Kat wrote:
Tom Hillman wrote:

No Flaming Lips fans huh?? guess they are pretty obscure ? who knew .
how about this one :

You are just a dreamer,and I am just a dream.
You could have been anyone to me.
Before that moment you touched my lips
That perfect feeling when time just slips
Away between us on our foggy trip.

Neil Young, Hurricane

Here's a great one...

Well the music plays and you display your heart for me to see,
I had a beer and now I hear you calling out for me
And I hope that I don't fall in love with you.
Well the room is crowded, there's people everywhere
And I wonder, should I offer you a chair?
Well if you sit down with this old clown, take that frown and break it,
Before the evening's gone away, I think that we could make it...

Closing Time, Hootie and the Blowfish

netable's picture

Here's One It started over

Here's One

It started over coffee, we started out as friends
Its funny how from simple things, the best things begin

This time is different (la, la, la, la)
Its all because of you (la, la, la, la)
Its better than its ever been
Cuz we can talk it through
My favorite line was can I call you sometime?
Its all you had to say
To take my breath away

rtsaidred's picture

oops sorry. thanks annette.

oops sorry. thanks annette.

PattiMey's picture

netable wrote:Here's One It

netable wrote:

Here's One

It started over coffee, we started out as friends
Its funny how from simple things, the best things begin

This time is different (la, la, la, la)
Its all because of you (la, la, la, la)
Its better than its ever been
Cuz we can talk it through
My favorite line was can I call you sometime?
Its all you had to say
To take my breath away

Bryan Adams
This should be easy :

It's in the life that we lead.
Set up for money and greed.
A little isn't enough,
We have to use it all up.
Success. Excess. The truth is inconvenient.

Jabara Fractus's picture

Ozzy Osbourne, The Almighty

Ozzy Osbourne, The Almighty Dollar

This one's easy:

Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
Did you exchange
A walk on part in the war,
For a lead role in a cage?

Nunzio's picture

Jabara Fractus wrote:Ozzy

Jabara Fractus wrote:

Ozzy Osbourne, The Almighty Dollar

This one's easy:

Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
Did you exchange
A walk on part in the war,
For a lead role in a cage?

Finally, one that I know...

Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here

Here's an easy one for all you indie types

Jinga jangler, tingalingle
Picture on a bricky wall
Hot and scamper, foamy lather
Huggle me close
Hot breeze, old cheese
Slicky slacky fish tails
Brush my hair and kissle me some more