Weight Loss Thread - Friday, January 16, 2009

lauraska's picture

I don't know if anybody got movin' this week, but I hope y'all did!

I lost 2.5 lbs. I think I watch too much Biggest Loser because I got on the scale and was, at first, totally disappointed by this number. But it's .5 lbs above what they say is a normal weekly weight loss, so I should just shut up and be happy. :)

Maybe we should make this into more of a discussion than just a report of our weight loss for the week. I'll try to pose a question each week that can keep us in discussion mode.

This week's question: Everyone gets to a point in their workout where fatigue sets in and the current song on the ipod just isn't doin' it. But there's almost always one song that gets us moving...so...what's your workout pick-me-up song?

For me, it changes, but lately it's been Katy Perry songs...and I always get re-motivated when "Encore" by Jay-Z is on.

dan's picture

I've been exercising and

I've been exercising and eating a little better, but I never got a chance to weigh myself.

I mostly do lap swimming, so I don't have any music unless I sing to myself. :)

jmminarik's picture

dan wrote: I mostly do lap

dan wrote:

I mostly do lap swimming, so I don't have any music unless I sing to myself. :)

I have conversations with the voices in my head. You should try it.

nhb's picture

I didn't get on the scale

I didn't get on the scale last week either. But i actually ate healthier this week, wrote down what i ate, drank more water and walked. Even yesterday, when it was too cold. Paint it black is the song that gets me moving especially when i am walking, and i listen to steely dan when i cool down at the end.

dan's picture

nhb wrote:i listen to steely

nhb wrote:

i listen to steely dan when i cool down at the end.

Yeah, Steely Dan puts me to sleep too.

rtsaidred's picture

nhb wrote:I didn't get on

nhb wrote:

I didn't get on the scale last week either. But i actually ate healthier this week, wrote down what i ate, drank more water and walked. Even yesterday, when it was too cold. Paint it black is the song that gets me moving especially when i am walking, and i listen to steely dan when i cool down at the end.

Paint it Black is my favorite Stones song. You inspire me to listen to it when on the treadmill.