Are you joining the Weight Loss challenge?

dan's picture
lauraska's picture

Oh c'mon people.

Oh c'mon people.

Becky's picture

i would be interested in

i would be interested in joining the weight loss challenge but first have to weigh myself. which i am currently too scared to do.

nhb's picture

Becky wrote:i would be

Becky wrote:

i would be interested in joining the weight loss challenge but first have to weigh myself. which i am currently too scared to do.

I am in, i just have to get on the scale.

neilpuck's picture

.

.

AM's picture

I'm afraid - very afraid!

I'm afraid - very afraid!

Kat's picture

I'm in - especially after

I'm in - especially after the eat-a-thon in the Poconos this weekend (totally worth it though - so much fun!) I told Nunzio that we are dedicating 3 time slots a week to the Wii fit in the basement. NOBODY is allowed down there except the girls and I! I am determined to slim down and get healthier if it kills me.

lauraska's picture

AM, have you been to Weston

AM, have you been to Weston lately?? They have some AWESOME new classes. Nicole, who was a regular in Kirby and Nate's classes, now has her own class on Monday nights. It's seriously hard (and I'm saying this after almost a year of Nate's classes!!!), but she's awesome. And there's a freestyle class on Friday nights. Last time, it was "Butts and Guts." I'm still in pain. Okay, that doesn't really sound encouraging, but it's really gotten me back into the groove at Weston.

Speaking of cool classes, Mary from Affordable Skin Care is teaching a class, tomorrow night at Angler Movement Arts Center!! It's a Dance Workout class and sounds cool...and your first class is FREEEEEEEEE! It's at 7:30. I'm gonna try to make it...and I can't dance at ALL, so if I can get out there and make an ass out of myself, so can you!

codergrrl's picture

I have accepted the fact

I have accepted the fact that I am a fat person.

lauraska's picture

codergrrl wrote:I have

codergrrl wrote:

I have accepted the fact that I am a fat person.

Hmmm...I don't think this is about any of us being unwilling to accept something about ourselves. I think we just want to be as healthy as possible and realize that we can be, with a good support team and continued motivation.

AM's picture

lauraska wrote:AM, have you

lauraska wrote:

AM, have you been to Weston lately?? They have some AWESOME new classes. Nicole, who was a regular in Kirby and Nate's classes, now has her own class on Monday nights. It's seriously hard (and I'm saying this after almost a year of Nate's classes!!!), but she's awesome. And there's a freestyle class on Friday nights. Last time, it was "Butts and Guts." I'm still in pain. Okay, that doesn't really sound encouraging, but it's really gotten me back into the groove at Weston.

Speaking of cool classes, Mary from Affordable Skin Care is teaching a class, tomorrow night at Angler Movement Arts Center!! It's a Dance Workout class and sounds cool...and your first class is FREEEEEEEEE! It's at 7:30. I'm gonna try to make it...and I can't dance at ALL, so if I can get out there and make an ass out of myself, so can you!

Laura - Thanks for the encouragement - I've been out of the swing for 6 months and have gained 25 lbs back after losing 86 originally. Not too bad but I don't want it to keep going in this direction. I've been stressing with the whole house thing and haven't really been focused on my health much. I made settlement yesterday so maybe now I'll be able to get back on a routine.

codergrrl's picture

I did not mean to imply that

I did not mean to imply that acceptance or lack thereof to anyone but myself.
It probably not the healthiest attitude, but it is mine.
I am orally fixated, I talk too much, I smoke too much and I eat too much...
but really, there are few things in life that can stimulate so many senses at once...I love food, and I don't want to give it up.
I would imagine it is wonderful to be thin...its certainly better for you, but I'll take my chances. I've never been a thin person, so I guess I'm not sure what I'm missing.
Perhaps someday I will see the light, and then I will make an effort. (I have tried in the past, and the weight loss did not equal the loss of fun.)
Food is just too good!

Becky's picture

Kat wrote:I am determined to

Kat wrote:

I am determined to slim down and get healthier if it kills me.

An exercise routine that kills you would pretty much defeat the purpose.

lauraska's picture

I agree with

I agree with codergrrl...food IS really good!!! (And that's exactly my problem.)

hairartiste's picture

I don't know what the weight

I don't know what the weight loss challenge is. However, I joined a gym almost a year ago and the last I checked, I had lost 6% body fat, taking me from the "unhealthy body fat" category into the "healthy, but not quite athletic" category. I don't weigh myself, though, because I do strength training, and muscle weighs more than fat. A sure fire way to get discourage when you are exercising to lose weight is to weigh yourself. Get your body fat measured, and your waistline measure. THAT is where you'll see the difference.