Free Fishtown Brewing Company Beer

MichelleLynn's picture

Hi all,
We had a party last night and bought two cases of the FBC Variety flavors

We have about 20 bottles left

Assorted

I just took them out of the ice and put them in a bag,,
Does anyone here drink Beer and want to take them off my hands??

I haver to run to Shoprite so please call and I can drop them off to you..
(We do not drink beer obviously, but have been told them cannot get warm after being cold and there is no room for these on the fridge)

Please call, I hate to waste it!!

Thanks,
Michelle

267-251-2858

MichelleLynn's picture

Hey, I am heading out now, I

Hey, I am heading out now, I will take the stuff with me in the car,

Gee, I figured someone would have called by now..

It goes in recycling tonight...

Thanks

jbette01's picture

I don't really believe the

I don't really believe the 'once they're cold they must stay cold rule.' Esp PBC beers, they are in dark bottles. Can I get an amen or am I in left field?

While I would LOVE to take free beer off your hands, it just doesn't seem right when it will be probably be fine if you store it at room temperature and then chill it again. Might not want to keep it on top of the fridge though, gets quite warm up there.

Save it for your next party!

michaellouis's picture

jbette01 wrote:I don't

jbette01 wrote:

I don't really believe the 'once they're cold they must stay cold rule.' Esp PBC beers, they are in dark bottles. Can I get an amen or am I in left field?

This is totally true. It's light that and excessive heat that makes beer go stale not cooling it and then letting it go back to room temperature.

If we didn't have 5 cases of beer from our wedding I'd take her up on her offer.

Ftown66's picture

I'm suprised no one jumped

I'm suprised no one jumped on this offer yet.

Jeffro's picture

Are these still up for

Are these still up for grabs? Sunday is my Saturday. I'd love some beer!

Beer taken. Thanx, Michelle!

DNA's picture

You all really need to take

You all really need to take my tour at PBC.

Reason for beer to go bad:

1. Oxygen - air will make beer any food product go stale. This can happen if not properly packaged at the brewery.

2. Light - UV light overtime can "skunk" beer. This is from the uv light ripping apart hop-derived molecules and some of them bond with sulfur atoms. On sip and you will spit it right out.

3. Temperature - Gradual change in a beer’s temperature is not going to alter its chemical characteristics and it shouldn't affect its taste either. Keep in mind your case of beer has already endured many temperature changes between the brewery and it's final destination. Extreme temperature change such as going from near freezing to near boiling can alter it's chemical characteristics. Unpasteurized, bottled-conditioned beer which contains live yeast is at greater risk than say a pasteurized macro beer.

P.S. What is FBC?

jmminarik's picture

DNA wrote:You all really

DNA wrote:

You all really need to take my tour at PBC.

Reason for beer to go bad:

1. Oxygen - air will make beer any food product go stale. This can happen if not properly packaged at the brewery.

2. Light - UV light overtime can "skunk" beer. This is from the uv light ripping apart hop-derived molecules and some of them bond with sulfur atoms. On sip and you will spit it right out.

3. Temperature - Gradual change in a beer’s temperature is not going to alter its chemical characteristics and it shouldn't affect its taste either. Keep in mind your case of beer has already endured many temperature changes between the brewery and it's final destination. Extreme temperature change such as going from near freezing to near boiling can alter it's chemical characteristics. Unpasteurized, bottled-conditioned beer which contains live yeast is at greater risk than say a pasteurized macro beer.

P.S. What is FBC?

Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?

stein's picture

hop-derived molecules! i

hop-derived molecules!

i love it.

Jeffro's picture

Tastes okay to me. Woop

Tastes okay to me. Woop Woop!

Kat's picture

DNA wrote:You all really

DNA wrote:

You all really need to take my tour at PBC.

Reason for beer to go bad:

1. Oxygen - air will make beer any food product go stale. This can happen if not properly packaged at the brewery.

2. Light - UV light overtime can "skunk" beer. This is from the uv light ripping apart hop-derived molecules and some of them bond with sulfur atoms. On sip and you will spit it right out.

3. Temperature - Gradual change in a beer’s temperature is not going to alter its chemical characteristics and it shouldn't affect its taste either. Keep in mind your case of beer has already endured many temperature changes between the brewery and it's final destination. Extreme temperature change such as going from near freezing to near boiling can alter it's chemical characteristics. Unpasteurized, bottled-conditioned beer which contains live yeast is at greater risk than say a pasteurized macro beer.

P.S. What is FBC?

Got to actually taste one of the fabulous beers DNA brought over to The Shire last night - delicious! And the date stamp on the box was November 1. So apprently freshness counts! It blew PBR out of the water Nunzio - sorry! ;)

DNA's picture

stein wrote:hop-derived

stein wrote:

hop-derived molecules!

i love it.

I should have been more specific they are called isohumulones.

DNA's picture

Not as good as your chili,

Not as good as your chili, yum, yum. HeHeHe Joe!

dan's picture

DNA wrote:P.S. What is

DNA wrote:

P.S. What is FBC?

Read the subject line.

DNA's picture

dan wrote:DNA wrote:P.S.

dan wrote:
DNA wrote:

P.S. What is FBC?

Read the subject line.

I did and I still don't know what the Fishtown Brewing Company is.

newcomer's picture

DNA wrote:dan wrote:DNA

DNA wrote:
dan wrote:
DNA wrote:

P.S. What is FBC?

Read the subject line.

I did and I still don't know what the Fishtown Brewing Company is.

Wait, don't you give tours there?

DNA's picture

newcomer wrote:DNA wrote:dan

newcomer wrote:
DNA wrote:
dan wrote:
DNA wrote:

P.S. What is FBC?

Read the subject line.

I did and I still don't know what the Fishtown Brewing Company is.

Wait, don't you give tours there?

I give tours at the Philadelphia Brewing Company in Kensington is there a new brewery in the hood called Fishtown Brewing Company that I'm not aware of?

Ftown66's picture

Fishtown brewing company

Fishtown brewing company beer is produce by the end result of me drinking half case of beer and then recycling the liquids. I call it the Fishtown pale ale. It has quite a pungent smell to it. Known to attract flies.

Kat's picture

Ftown66 wrote:Fishtown

Ftown66 wrote:

Fishtown brewing company beer is produce by the end result of me drinking half case of beer and then recycling the liquids. I call it the Fishtown pale ale. It has quite a pungent smell to it. Known to attract flies.

Ew.

dan's picture

Incidentally, I think

Incidentally, I think "Fishtown" would be a great name for a brewery.

DNA's picture

Ftown66 wrote:Fishtown

Ftown66 wrote:

Fishtown brewing company beer is produce by the end result of me drinking half case of beer and then recycling the liquids. I call it the Fishtown pale ale. It has quite a pungent smell to it. Known to attract flies.

Well I ain't giving tours of that.

NEW KENZO's picture

dan wrote:Incidentally, I

dan wrote:

Incidentally, I think "Fishtown" would be a great name for a brewery.

I suspect that's because you're immune to the term and after this many years working in fishtown and living and breathing the word and area, you dont see it the way an outsider does. Pretty much all the friends from out of town that hear that term make a face like it's a dirty,gross & smelly place. I defend it of course, it's not that smelly.

dan's picture

that's the funniest post in

that's the funniest post in months!

thanks, DNA

DNA's picture

Speaking of bathrooms, new

Speaking of bathrooms, new bathrooms have been installed in the tasting room. Also, the biggest bar you ever seen has been built out of old timbers from the building. So check out PBC in Kensignton.

newcomer's picture

DNA wrote:Speaking of

DNA wrote:

Speaking of bathrooms, new bathrooms have been installed in the tasting room. Also, the biggest bar you ever seen has been built out of old timbers from the building. So check out PBC in Kensignton.

Are the new bathrooms included in your tour?

brooke's picture

And do you have to run or is

And do you have to run or is it a walking tour?

jbette01's picture

Can I bring my bike on the

Can I bring my bike on the tour?

DNA's picture

Run, bike, crawl, however

Run, bike, crawl, however you get there I will show you the new bathrooms and the jacuzzi/bar. Slip me an extra something and I might even show you the keg room. This all takes place at the Philadelphia Brewing Company in Kensington on Sat 12-3.

Kat's picture

If I bring you more chili

If I bring you more chili can I get some free beer? ;)