Sloppy Soccer Players?

Pure_Fishtown's picture

I don't know what teams were playing this afternoon but they left Hetzell's a disgrace.

Trash is all over the field which wasn't there before the games. Water and soda bottles, plastic bags even a pair of sneakers. I think it should be mandatory for the coaches and teams to be made to clean up after the game is over.

nhb's picture

Wow, you should call the AC

Wow, you should call the AC and let someone know. They know what teams were playing there, they have a schedule. Any coach my daughter has ever played for made sure the children & the parents cleaned up after themselves. There is usually someone at the AC after 5pm, i am sorry i can not find the phone number. But if i locate it, i will post it for you.

newcomer's picture

Lots of teen-aged kids

Lots of teen-aged kids gather and play pick-up football games before, during, and after soccer games; much of the trash seems to be left left close to the Columbia entrance where they were play and hang out.

Ftown66's picture

There were kids playing

There were kids playing football after the soccer game. It most likely was them.

Pure_Fishtown's picture

Sorry to burst some bubbles

Sorry to burst some bubbles but the trash was left by the soccer players BEFORE the footballers arrived. The field was cleaned up this morning probably by Mr. White.

IMHO, I think there should be a citywide regulation ordering all home teams to be responsible of making sure the field or court they use be cleaned by the players and the coaches. It doesn't matter if it is football, baseball, soccer or basketball.

newcomer's picture

I see no reason why soccer

I see no reason why soccer players and/or their parents should be responsible for the trash left by the local kids hanging out on the field.

Ftown66's picture

what size were the sneakers

what size were the sneakers found?

glad2live's picture

I know there was trash left

I know there was trash left from SEVERAL of the teams that played there yesterday and including the neighborhood kids that play football there just about everyday. The girl's from Hallahan who are coached by Pat Cain practice there also leave their trash! There were teams that weren't from Fishtown as well. My daughter's team played there at 2:00pm and I know the team that played after them played against Fox Chase ( you know the GREAT Northeastern people). Those people ask teams to make sure they clean up before they leave but they come to other places and leave their messes.
When you have an several teams and numerous amounts of kids your going to get trash, SORRY THE FIELD WAS NOT LEFT IMMACULATE FOR YOUR DOGS TO PISS AND SHIT ALL OVER!

neilpuck's picture

glad2live wrote:SORRY THE

glad2live wrote:

SORRY THE FIELD WAS NOT LEFT IMMACULATE FOR YOUR DOGS TO PISS AND SHIT ALL OVER!

This particular sentence was completely unnecessary and unfortunately negated any support I might have had for your input.

glad2live wrote:

When you have an several teams and numerous amounts of kids your going to get trash

We hosted a festival for 1500 people including several hundred children in Penn Treaty Park which included food sales and merchants, and when we left, the park was spotless. It came down to responsible attendees and hosts to make sure it was so. So don't give me that bullshit that trash filled parks, fields and streets are inevitable.

http://neilpuck.smugmug.com

Kat's picture

neilpuck wrote:glad2live

neilpuck wrote:
glad2live wrote:

SORRY THE FIELD WAS NOT LEFT IMMACULATE FOR YOUR DOGS TO PISS AND SHIT ALL OVER!

This particular sentence was completely unnecessary and unfortunately negated any support I might have had for your input.

glad2live wrote:

When you have an several teams and numerous amounts of kids your going to get trash

We hosted a festival for 1500 people including several hundred children in Penn Treaty Park which included food sales and merchants, and when we left, the park was spotless. It came down to responsible attendees and hosts to make sure it was so. So don't give me that bullshit that trash filled parks, fields and streets are inevitable.

http://neilpuck.smugmug.com

Well said Puck. I thought the same thing.

Pure_Fishtown's picture

glad2live wrote:I know there

glad2live wrote:

I know there was trash left from SEVERAL of the teams that played there yesterday and including the neighborhood kids that play football there just about everyday. The girl's from Hallahan who are coached by Pat Cain practice there also leave their trash! There were teams that weren't from Fishtown as well. My daughter's team played there at 2:00pm and I know the team that played after them played against Fox Chase ( you know the GREAT Northeastern people). Those people ask teams to make sure they clean up before they leave but they come to other places and leave their messes.
When you have an several teams and numerous amounts of kids your going to get trash, SORRY THE FIELD WAS NOT LEFT IMMACULATE FOR YOUR DOGS TO PISS AND SHIT ALL OVER!

You know, you almost had me thinking you were okay; but your last sentence threw me into a whole new feeling for you -- dislike.

FYI (not that I owe you any explanation) I don't have a freakin dog nor do I condone Hetzell's used as a dog park. Also, that wasn't the purpose of the thread, I am a lifelong member of this community and the trash that was left yesterday was over the top. People who use the public places SHOULD clean up. These were regulated teams that left the trash not the kids who hang out there as some want to believe.

dan's picture

glad2live wrote:When you

glad2live wrote:

When you have an several teams and numerous amounts of kids your going to get trash, SORRY THE FIELD WAS NOT LEFT IMMACULATE FOR YOUR DOGS TO PISS AND SHIT ALL OVER!

worst atttempt at deflecting responsiblity ever

glad2live's picture

Ok now that I look back at

Ok now that I look back at my comments about the field not being left immaculate for the dogs, etc, etc I realize they were a little over the top but I stand by my comment about having several teams/kids playing sports in one area and there is going to be trash. There have been several times that I have taken my daughter to practices or games on week nights and there be trash left all over the field and there be no other A.C. teams there before them. Not only does the FAC use the field but so does Adaire school, Hallahan and the kids that are there everyday playing football, wiffelball and so on. On Sunday alone I witnessed a group of kids playing football during my daughter's game and at least 3 of the kids "threw" their water/gatorade bottles on the ground. Another one took items out of a plastic bag and just threw the back on the field. Everyone should help out and try to keep the field clean but do not try to blame it all on the kids. I tried to throw my daughter's water bottle in the can on my way out and the can was overflowing with trash so I took mine with me. I stop to talk to Mr. White whenever I go by there and I see how clean he keeps the place.

neilpuck's picture

Would anyone be interested

Would anyone be interested in an impromptu cleanup of Hetzells tonight? I'm not sure what condition it's in right now, but if someone can see if it needs a tending to, I have trash bags left over from the festival I would bring.

Pure_Fishtown's picture

neilpuck wrote:Would anyone

neilpuck wrote:

Would anyone be interested in an impromptu cleanup of Hetzells tonight? I'm not sure what condition it's in right now, but if someone can see if it needs a tending to, I have trash bags left over from the festival I would bring.

Thank you, neilpuck, for the great offer. Mr. White was there yesterday and today; the field is in perfect condition. Or, as perfect as Hetzell's can get.

I know the field cannot stay immaculate all the time but I strongly feel that the organized sports teams should be made responsible to clean up after their game. Every bit helps.

newcomer's picture

Pure_Fishtown wrote: I know

Pure_Fishtown wrote:

I know the field cannot stay immaculate all the time but I strongly feel that the organized sports teams should be made responsible to clean up after their game. Every bit helps.

Ok then why don't you approach the coaches directly? Would seem to be a more effective approach than repeated frustrated posts.

And while they might not be solely responsible, the local kids hanging out/tossing a ball around before, during, and after the soccer teams play leave PLENTY of trash around the field. Who do you think is responsible for the piles of bottles, wrappers, etc. on and around the bleachers when teams aren't playing?

newcomer's picture

neilpuck wrote:Would anyone

neilpuck wrote:

Would anyone be interested in an impromptu cleanup of Hetzells tonight? I'm not sure what condition it's in right now, but if someone can see if it needs a tending to, I have trash bags left over from the festival I would bring.

Yes -- thanks! How 'bout if I check out the field and call you?

Pure_Fishtown's picture

newcomer wrote: Ok then why

newcomer wrote:

Ok then why don't you approach the coaches directly? Would seem to be a more effective approach than repeated frustrated posts.

Good idea, I'll take it a step further and use the brains and the contacts that I have to work city council in helping to make this into a regulation for ALL city-owned properties and ALL regulated sports teams.

newcomer's picture

Pure_Fishtown wrote:newcomer

Pure_Fishtown wrote:
newcomer wrote:

Ok then why don't you approach the coaches directly? Would seem to be a more effective approach than repeated frustrated posts.

Good idea, I'll take it a step further and use the brains and the contacts that I have to work city council in helping to make this into a regulation for ALL city-owned properties and ALL regulated sports teams.

Even better!